Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move issues from backlog to print automatically?

Said Ouassou January 20, 2023

Hello,

Is there a way to automate moving issues from the backlog to the active sprint without needing to pick and drag? I am talking about issues that from the frontend of JSM.

any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks

Said

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

@Said Ouassou -

I agreed with @Max Foerster - K15t suggested, however are you saying issues are created in the JSM projects, and then those issues are moved into a regular Jira Software project?

The reason I am asking this that - Sprint (SCRUM) is not suited for JSM projects as JSM is build for issue management using queues.

If you want to look into Automation Rule setup - Take a look at the followiing links - 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule-list?systemLabelId=all&page=1&pageSize=20&sortKey=name&sortOrder=ASC

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Said Ouassou January 24, 2023

Hello Mr @Joseph Chung Yin .
by sprint, I meant that we have a canban Board configured by the administrator in our JSM Project.
and the question was, is it possible to move the issues created and that land in the backlog to the Canban (TO DO column) automatically.

I did a little research and I found this :[JSWCLOUD-21481] I want to be able to use automation in order to move issues from backlog to board in a Team managed Kanban board - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

I think it is the same implementation I want to configure. Can you please confirm or deny if it´s the same case and if yes, in the section "Workaround" how can I use Automation to achieve my goal? 

I would appreciate it if you give me pointers on how I can use Automation in this case.

Thank you very much

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

@Said Ouassou -

The referenced link is talking about Jira Software application project and not for JSM.  This is why I mentioned in my previous comment that 

Sprint (SCRUM) is not suited for JSM projects as JSM is build for issue management using queues.

Are you also managing issues via Jira Software application?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2023

Hi @Said Ouassou, welcome to the community!

You should be able to achieve that with automation rules to add issues to the latest sprint based on any trigger. :) But what do you mean by " I am talking about issues from the frontend of JSM."? Can you elaborate a bit more about what you have in mind? Then we can try to give you pointers to implement it with the tools at hand or recommend marketplace apps. :) 

Best, Max

Said Ouassou January 20, 2023

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t ,
Thank you for the welcome and for the fast reply.
so we have a JSM in our enterprise and customers could create tickets/issues in the front end and they land in the backlog. and I want the issues to be moved automatically to the sprint. 

can you elaborate more on how to implement the automation rule? I know a bit how automation works and I have created some simple rules myself but this seems to be acomplicated one. 

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events