Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create as many tickets as released versions higher than the fixversion'issue

rawia.karoui April 13, 2023

Hello,

We create issues with the custom type "hotfix" in the version X with was already released.

We need to put this hotfix in all others versions also released but more recent (X+1, X+2 for example) 

So how we can automate the creation of an issue for X+1 and an other for X+2

I tried the smart values but it only returns if the version is released or not.

Is there any other solution?

2 answers

0 votes
Denys Mokhynia April 13, 2023

I think it should help to you

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-for-Fixversion/qaq-p/1445451

And u can create the rule based on branch

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 16.17.40.png

And summary of created issue - {{version.name}} with your type.

Also on a future I recommend create the rule

When you have realise - create your type of issue with summary - {{version.name}} 

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@rawia.karoui 

I didnt understand your question. Can you elaborate with example?

What i understand is whenever issue being created you need to set the value of  fix version = previous fix version + 1

Is it correct?

Hello @Sachin Dhamale ,

released versions = {X,X+1, X+2}
When a hotfix is created with fixversion = X , we have to create an issue for X+1 and an issue for X+2 in order to prevent the missing of an hotfix integration in other earlier released versions.

So I need to create a manual trigger rule that clones this issue for the others released versions

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

you can use the automation rule 

where when hotfix is created for fixversion = X  > you can clone the issue and update fix version = X + 1 through json.

same for fixversion = X+1 

The problem is that X is not a static.
I am trying an other solution: 

In the initial Hotfix issue, we add all the versions that it should be integrated into

and then an automated JIRA roles is executed to clone the issue for each specified version

So, when i try to use  "Send web request" action to extract all the versions mentioned in the issue 

2023-04-13 16 05 17.pngThe request API always returns 400, could you please tell me where is the mistake?

Sebastian Mondry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2023

Hey,

Mind trying it without the Hidden check box enabled for the Authorization? 

Also, I'm assuming this GET request has been tested with the exact same configuration in something such as Postman ? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events