how to copy the comments from client ticket to internal tickets autoamtically

Jai Vijay July 29, 2019

I am working as a service desk admin, and I would like to automate the process of copying and updating the client comments into internal tickets. Is this possible? If yes could someone help me with the steps to do that, 

1 comment

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Hi @Jai Vijay ,

Could You please clarify You need copy comment from SD to Software? Application Sd and  software are placing in one instance or different?

One way it is use some plugin e.g. 'automation' or 'scriptrunner'. Second jira API. Third incoming email (SD send notification to mail box and soft take from that box and create issue ?). 

B.R.

Jai Vijay July 29, 2019

Hi @Andrew 

Thanks for the quick response I think I haven't given enough description. 

1. The client is raising a request which falls into my service desk queue

2. I am creating a linking issue so that my developers can work on it. 

3. Client is updating the ticket with additional information which is not displayed in the linked issue my developers are working on and they are unaware of the comments unless I manually copy them and update in the ticket. 

4. I am trying to make this automated so that if the client update the ticket the corresponding linked issue should have the copy of statement without me doing that manually 

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events