Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure Jira Service Management to only Org(x) customers can create some Request Types?

Consulente Atlassian August 17, 2022

I have three organisations OrgA, OrgB and OrgC, on the jira service management cloud I would like to make it so that in an it service management project the request types RT1, RT2 and RT3 are only visible (openable) by the customers in OrgA and the other RT, RT4, RT5 and RT6 are openable by all of them (OrgA, OrgB and OrgC). I am not sure how to configure Jira Service Management to achieve this behaviour. Can someone please help me?

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Consulente Atlassian 

You can't do that. All visible request types will be visible to all customers from all organizations included within the specific project. If you have different request types for different customers (orgs), then perhaps having different Service Desks would be the way to go.

Consulente Atlassian August 17, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thanks for you answer, that confirm what I thought. 

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

@Consulente Atlassian -

In addition to what @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ stated, there is an outstanding feature request for Atlassian on this functionality in case you are interested - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195

Lastly, when you do create different JSM projects for your different org's customers on request types (the current workaround) to separate what request types can be utilized by each org (one project for one org), you should configure the "Customer permissions" to control the project visibility via the portal UI.  

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events