Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add Custom Field Smart Value

adithya March 18, 2022

hi,

i want to add custom field called "Site" on automation email for customer.

is it possible to add it to automation email ? 

i try {{issue.[CustomField].Site}} but it doesn't work, Site : .. still empty on email.

Best,

Adithya Varian

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @adithya - You should be able to present it like this:

{{issue.customfield_xxxxx}}

where xxxxx is the custom field ID. 

adithya March 18, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall ,

it's not working. here i attach some pic of my automation and Site name.image.png

image.pngimage.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Ahh it's a select field.  Try this:

{{issue.Site.value}}

If that doesn't work, try it with the custom field ID (customfield_100xx)... If you need to find it, It'll show at the end of the URL when you go into the config screen for the Site field

Like # people like this
adithya March 19, 2022

@Mark Segall ,

it work Mark, Thank You..

so, for a select field i need to use this smart value. well noted.

0 votes
zacharoula_brinia June 20, 2023

I have created a custom field - number field, what is the smart value for this, please?

worked today.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2023

Hi @zacharoula_brinia - It would be this:

{{issue.Worked Today}}

Note - Numeric fields can sometimes come across with a decimal (e.g. 123.0).  If you don't want this, you may want to do something like this:

{{issue.Worked Today.round}}
zacharoula_brinia June 20, 2023

@Mark Segall Thank you so much for your reply.  Unfortunately, this does not work.

email.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2023

Can you please create a new question (@mention me) and include a screenshot of your rule config - specifically the action you're trying to configure?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events