Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can manage the approvers so they can only approve selected group?

Patrick Chartouny February 22, 2021

i have created groups suh as:

1- HR

2-IT

3- Accounting

4-Marketing

as you know these groups are (departments and teams in my organisation) how i can assign a manager on each group so if lets say :

an hr employee make a jira  only the manager of hr can approve his jira

an IT create a jira Request only  the IT Manager can approve his jira

note: i have created an extra group called list of approvers and put inside all the managers,

and in the request i made a feild customized with (list of approvers.

the problem is that the manager of HR and Manager of IT and manager of Accounting and marketing in this way can approve all jira request from diffrent groups.
ho i can specify manager who can only approve his Group jira request?

Best Regards,

patrick,

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

Hi @Patrick Chartouny

adding to the great information Clark already provided I assume that a group is not yet available as approving entity if I understood all correctly:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4531

However, if this Suggestion is a match to your scenario a comment over there reads that it is on short term road map so you can expect progress soon.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi Patrick,

Am I understanding this correctly? You are trying to create approver roles based on groups. However, for the group, you want to allow for someone to have control over the group so you as the Admin don't have to do it?

If that is correct, you would want to A.) look into Atlassian Access so that you can integrate Jira with an external directory and provide users control of these groups from said directory

B) Look at providing some users Admin Access to only the admin page (Site-Admin). Though this does give them additional access.

I would recommend exploring Atlassian Access as it would be the most secure way to go about this but both are options.

Best,

Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events