We couldn’t create the chat channel

Wait a moment, then try again.

I cannot get past this right now.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

@Gene Sohn -

Welcome to the community.  Sometime there may be some network communication glitches, where after you wait for a while and retry the same operation and everything will work.

However if it is a continuous problem, then you should contact Atlassian Support (https;//support.atlassian.com), so the support team can access the backend logs to further troubleshooting your issues and determine the root cause.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Gene Sohn April 20, 2023

This feels quite durable, and is still happening to me now, so I sense some kind of auth glitch.  The questions I have:

* Is there any way to troubleshoot the error more precisely? There's a 500 error occurring.

* Is there any way to fully reset the connection?  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the chat mechanism but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

* How can I have some movement on this?  The rollout of my process here is blocked by this issue right now.

Thanks!

Gene

Gene Sohn April 20, 2023

The core of the error is that it's a 500 error but the message (which is functionally false but may be technically true in this specific flow) is that "Issue does not exist or user does not have permission to access the issue).  I have full access to the issue and in all other flows the slack integration works.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@Gene Sohn - 

Your best option is to contact Atlassian Support, where they have access to the backend system logs to determine the root cause as I suggested before.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events