Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forms data connection insight rest authentication

ian June 4, 2022

Hello. Trying to connect Forms dropdown field to Insight using a data connection but cannot figure out how to authenticate. I thought it just wasn't supposed or allowed to work until I found this answered question:

Solved: New Feature Forms : Possible to populate Data Coll... (atlassian.com)

I'm using this URL:

https://api.atlassian.com/jsm/insight/workspace/{myWorkspaceId}/v1/iql/objects

These are the authentication options:

image.png

Basic and Digest require a username and password and neither work for my user account. Our environment is linked to our Azure AD environment in case that matters. I've also tried the Custom option w/ a JSM API token (base64 encoded) and an Insight Import token. Neither work. I'm thinking I need a JWT Token but struggling to understand the docs related to building a JWT Token. 

Can someone confirm what is needed? If its a JWT Token then I'll spend more time w/ the docs.  

Or perhaps I just need to wait for the Forms-Insight integrated functionality to be enabled - hopefully soon. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
ian June 5, 2022

Apologies everyone! Posting this in case someone makes the same mistakes as me!

Its working now using basic auth:

username = my email address

password = my jsm automation api token

I was sure that I had tried that combination but perhaps I was trying to use the base64 encoded 'email address+api token'.

I also had to use %22 instead of quotes (") in my iql query. As specified in the Solved post I included earlier. Example:

https://api.atlassian.com/jsm/insight/workspace/{myWorkspaceId}/v1/iql/objects?iql=objectType=%22Employee%22

Interestingly, in Power Automate, the quotes do not need to be changed to %22.

Jordan Dowdy August 7, 2023

Very helpful, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events