Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export listing of all tickets for last year

cHurley March 24, 2024

I need to export all the tickets from my service desk project. How can I generate such a report.

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

@cHurley -

You can use the following JQL -

project = <your project key> and created >= startOfYear(-1) and created <= startOfYear() order by created asc

Here is how to export the resultset when issues returned based on your JQL is over 1000+ rows - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/export-over-1000-results-to-excel-from-jira-cloud-779160833.html

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

@cHurley you can use filters to get the information you need.  If you need to to export the data you can creak the filter and the export the results to excel.  You will be limited to 1000 issues per export.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-filters/  You can also just look at the results on the filter.

JSM also allows you create a custom report to see information as well.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-custom-reports/ 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2024

Hi @cHurley 

You can do this via issue search:

1. On the top navigation bar, select Filters > View all issues
  2. Search for the issues you require
  3. Select Export, and you can export to CSV, Excel, etc

Note: You can only export 1,000 issues at a time.

---

In terms of tickets from the last year, JQL which might work depends on the need - for example...

Created within 2024:

created >= startOfYear()

Created within a year:

created >= -365d

...etc

---

If you need specific help with the search query, let us know some more details!

Ste

0 votes
cHurley April 12, 2024

Thank you all for the tips and advice and sorry for not replying earlier.

Here for anyone else were the commands I ran

First attempt only showed me 6 months
project = [its name] AND created >= startOfYear(-1) AND created <= endOfYear(-1)

so had to change the command to get the remainder
project = [its name] AND created >= startOfYear(-1) AND created <= endOfYear(-18M)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events