Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expand=names from rest api does not cascade the json file

Celine Penaredondo January 18, 2022

Does anybody here knows how to make the expand=names work (Cascade JSON File)? Like the one from this picture. I wanted to know how to call a field from my project and somehow hovering over the items from the Json file doesn't give me a response like the "fields.priority.name" . 

I am getting a raw Json file respond which is not very debug-friendly.

SmartValue - Rest API (expand=names) Screenshot of an issue's JSON. The dot notation "fields.priority.name" is highlighted to show its position in the footer.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicholas Wolf April 15, 2022

I can no longer view in the way that the screenshot shows either (I know I have done it in the past, its slightly driving me crazy). 

OOTB Firefox seemingly has some plugin which allows for easy JSON reading. 

@Celine Penaredondo 

Celine Penaredondo April 19, 2022

Hi @Nicholas Wolf, Indeed it is. I've done this a couple of times before as well. 

Do you mind sharing the plugin name you used on Firefox? I'll try it on my end.

I did use some plugins in chrome but if I hover my cursor on the text I can't get the property name like this "fields.priority.name". Thank you!

Nicholas Wolf April 19, 2022

@Celine Penaredondo

I may have misunderstood - I thought you just needed an easy way to view it quickly in pretty format. 
I'm not sure if I've ever seen that in chrome, (have always manually written it out) but this may help?? https://jsonformatter.org/json-pretty-print (sort by form after pasting; screenshot below is how firefox returns my rest call. 
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.37.54 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events