Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable Time Tracking

Angela Wagner September 10, 2024

I created a new service project and the 'Work Log' tab or action is not enabled on the project like my other projects.  Where do I enable it or change the project type to ensure I have worklogs enabled?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2024

Hi @Angela Wagner 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Make sure that the time tracking field is added on your edit and view screens:

Go to project > project settings > Issues > Screens

Select the screens of your issue types to which you want to add the time tracking to, and add it

Cross check that now is visible.

Angela Wagner September 10, 2024

I don't see 'Issues' in the project settings navigation panel.  I'm thinking it may have not been set-up correctly.  I show "request types'.

navigation panel.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2024

Hello @Angela Wagner 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Based on the image you provided it appears you are using a Team Managed Service Management project. Can you confirm or refute this by looking at the bottom of that panel for text like this?

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 12.39.45 AM.png

If that is a match then you need to add the Time tracking option to the screens for each Request Type where you want to log time.

Click on Request Types in the screen you have shown. That will change the panel to show a list of request types.

Click on one where you want to add time tracking. In the panel on the far right search for the Time Tracking field.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 12.40.51 AM.png

When it is found drag it from the panel on the far right into the Context area in the center panel.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 12.44.03 AM.png

Then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 12.44.43 AM.png

Repeat that process for each Request type where you want to log time.

Like # people like this
Angela Wagner September 11, 2024

Thank you!  Thank corrected it.

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2024

@Angela Wagner If our responses were helpful please consider clicking on the Accept Answer buttons to mark your Question as Solved.

Angela Wagner September 11, 2024

done. Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events