email to a customer who is not allowed to raise tickets

Sebastian Benz January 6, 2023

Hi together,

we want to setup our service desk only for registered customers. Now I have following issue: When a customer is not registered and send a mail he gets no information. Is it possible to inform the customer that he needs to create an account?

Kind regards
Sebastian

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Benz 

This functionality does not exist - but there is a feature request on JAC you can vote for/watch - see JSDCLOUD-1602 

A few alternatives I've seen:

1. Have an auto-response on the inbound email address for all customers, so non-registered customers receive some information (assuming you have a custom email address)
  2. Use an App from the Marketplace to extend the power of emails - for example, Email This Issue, or Notification Assistant for Jira might be able to help here
  3. Create a custom email handler, and place the logic in there. There's instructions for Server on this page (which might work in Cloud), or some further information on Cloud mail handlers on this help page

Ste

Alexandra Terek January 10, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Benz

My name is Alex; I'm a support colleague at Meta-Inf, the vendor of Email This Issue.

Just wanted to confirm that @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ is correct, our application can send customizable emails to external email senders/recipients.

I suggest you create a template in our application with unique information about where the sender may create an account as a first step.

When you create the issue based on the external sender's email, you should save the email address of the sender to a custom field.

At issue creation (or comments added etc.) you could send them a notification with the template you've previously created.

I hope this helps with your case, feel free to open a support request with us if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Alex

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

@Sebastian Benz 

This functionality does not currently exist in JSM but can be voted for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1602 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events