Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic form by service request type

Noa Masel June 24, 2021

Hello

for help desk team, I'm looking for any away to make dynamic form depended on the type request?

for example:

1. a client will open issue on my project, 

2. he will select from a list of product that we support (can be as "service request type")

3. depend of which SRT he will choose - a form with all the required details for the selected SRT will open.

This is an example where for sure all the fields required to deal with the problem have been sent to the treatment team.

There is any way to prove this on jira-service-management?

Thank you!!

Noa

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

There are many ways to design forms

1. If you list the products on a form, eg in the "Help/Description" for the request, then that form will return when the users type in that field.
  2. Valid configurations can be expressed as Insight Objects, and can be made available to choose from in an Insight field. Users can again refine the configuration search by typing it in, if you add the relevant attributes to the "Search" settings for that custom field.
  3. You can set a generic template as the default for a text (multiple-line) custom field via the field configuration, and ask users to fill that in.

In my experience, users are happier with less options, not more. Users would like to know what options are available, which is best explained through a KB article. That should satisfy 90% of use cases. If they genuinely need to have more options, that's beyond the scope and needs to be addressed.

ProForma was recently purchased by Atlassian and has dynamic forms, but it's more like sub-forms for a request. Dynamic forms are a headache to manage and confusing for users to navigate, so I really don't want to see them generally available like they are in other systems.

Noa Masel June 26, 2021

Thank you Alex, but I think I didn't explain my meaning well.  

We are help desk team, and our service is on many products.

for example:

If client open a ticket on our project, I want him to choose from a list (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Gitlab, Infra, Wso2 and more...).  depend what he will  choose, the fields of the ticket will be different -  (the fields of the form will be dynamic.... ). in the description he can describe his problem but he will have to fill in all the require fields in the ticket.

Than each ticket will have all the information for us to help the client with his problem..

TNX!  

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Noa Masel

just adding to what Alex said (he already perfectly referred to ProForma) could you please confirm it is what you are looking for from this blog post and the included demo video there?

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/atlassian-acquires-thinktilt

If so, I believe this solution could be something you would probably wanting explore further - if not, please kindly explain what you are specifically looking for.
From your description (on first sight) it looks like this could be what you are looking for.

Regards,
Daniel

Noa Masel June 30, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers 

We are service desk team that started to work/testing with Jira service management (instead of Jira). We using Data Center (not cloud) in our company.

I am looking for a way to create in  Jira service management a screen with a list (or cubes with logo...) of our products that we giving service in our team (such as GIT, BB, WIKI, WOS2 and much more..). When the customer will click on one of them, a list of all the common service request (or a list of all the sub services) will open. Now, depend what was chosen a required fields should be open.

For example:

The customer selected  WSO2 product from the first list.

A list of sub services opened...

Than he selected "promote an API to prod environment"

Now all the fields that i need for complete this request will pup up and they will be required to fill in by the customer before the "create" button.

In this way, the customer will not have choice space, he will have to select from a  specific list and fill in  all the required fields. in mine point of service view, all the information that i need to complete the customer request will in the open ticket. and all the statistic and SLA preforming will steel be create in the same way.

I have installed the extension "Extension for Jira service management" that recommended to use in Data center for creating dynamics forms.

so, I think the answer of Alex wasn't to what Im looking for.

I hope now i explain myself better :)

Thank you!

Noa

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2021

Yeah, I see - there are many different requirements and no company is the same like another. Going for an App is surely a good option - there are many from Marketplace.
Just take your time to evaluate what works best for you, your team and your customers.

I think it all boils down to:
- the standard feature may suffice (or may not)
- Apps can enrich the experience for agents but also in a significant way for customers
- if all does not help you would need to code an own portal and talk to Jira Service Management via REST API

It depends on how much adjustments a company will consider crucial.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events