Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different URL to Jira incident for support desk and customer

Xavier Languy May 8, 2023

hello,

there are 2 links to display an incident depending on the role (customer or suport team)

- link for customer

xxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/projectid/ES-11272

-link for support team

xxxxx.atlassian.net/browse/ES-11272

If a customer is authorized to see ES-11272 with customer link, he will get an error message when trying to access through support link to ES-11272. This is normal. It would be great that the system continue to send error BUT should propose to display the ticket in customer link. For me this is important design gap.

thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Xavier Languy from what I can tell searching through JIRA, this issue has already been reported to Atlassian.  Check out this issue and see if it's your concern.  You can Vote and Watch it to follow its progress: JSDCLOUD-4118 

There's a server version mentioned in there too.

Xavier Languy May 8, 2023

Hello Dan

indeed JSDCLOUD-4118  speak about the same topic, I call this a gap and the comment there is stronger because it speaks about a bug .

I see this is unfortunately unresolved, for this is a very small addon that will help a lot without touchingfunctionality, this is 5 lines to add in the code

1 get authority (already done) because prompt is already sent

2 redirect to user link if user is authorized customer

Url rewriting is not a solution unless you can do this only for a specific population.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events