Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customers see our internal portal too. How can I control that?

chetan sb May 13, 2021

Example:

I have project admin rights for my project.

I have a Project A.

I create orgA1 and add customer Tom1 to the orgA1.

When Tom1 logs in to file a ticket with us, he sees

"Jira Service Desk MyCompany_Name/Enterprise Support" on the top left.

Body of the page has

Report a Problem

File a Service Request

suggest Enhancement

However, when the customer clicks on Jira Sevice Desk MyCompany_Name/, they are taken to my companies internal Jira portal for IT servicedesk, hr service desk etc....

How to control this action by customer.

In simple terms, the customer is able to go back from landing page, which is their dashboard, to our page, dedicated to internal folks of my company.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

@chetan sb Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The Atlassian Service Management product is set up to have an overarching portal level called help center that allows service management customers to access multiple service desks.  If you have the following configuration:

Company Help Center

• Internal (IT & HR) Service Desk
  • Client Service Desk

If the client goes up a level like you are explaining they will be able to view the internal service desk.  This can be adjusted and changed through permissions on the internal service desk.   If you go to the administration section Project Settings > Customer Permissions you can change the portal to only be visiable to Customers added by agents and admins.

Capture.PNG

If the customer has not been added then they will not see the service desk.

chetan sb May 13, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder 

I checked my project settings and they are the way you showed.

Customers added by agents 

Customers can search for other customers within their orgs

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Is that customer that can see both part of both projects?

chetan sb May 13, 2021

Yes. Company help center is internal to my company. But the url to customers overlaps our internal url.

IT Service desk URL internal to my company employees

Xyz.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/13

----------------

Enterprise support URL external customers

Xyz.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/41

------------------

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

The help center is at the top level and will be public if any of the service desks are public.  It should be a general area that links to all service desk portals.  So portal 41 is private and only the customers in it can see it while portal 13 is public.

chetan sb May 13, 2021

Well that's what I believe should have been the case. I noticed it last week, whe I created and added a user to the project. Logged in as a newly created user, and saw it shows portal 41 as well as 13 and as a newly created user, I was able to browse through 13 and see what's in there.

@Brant Schroeder 

Is there a way these can be separated by changing the landing page or tweaking some parameters for portal 13 or 41. 

chetan sb May 13, 2021

Or something my Jira administrator should do to the Company help center/ internal service desk?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

If 41 is setup so only customers who are added will see it then the customer that was created must have been added to it.  If you remove that customer from 41 do they still have access?

chetan sb May 14, 2021

If I remove the customer from 41, they can't see dashboard. It says you don't have access.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

@chetan sb 

Can you confirm that you are following these steps to add or remove a customer? https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-and-remove-customers/

When you say dashboard are you referring to the portal or a Jira dashboard?  Can you share a screenshot? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events