Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer tracking via portal

Manuel Rodrigues April 18, 2023

Question, If I put the reporter field to be set to a customer, will it show up as an item that is trackable in his portal login area ? Will it show up in any different way because he didn't effectively submit it or not ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Manuel Rodrigues ! Yes, if an individual is made the reporter of an issue, then they will see that incident in the Portal under the Requests 'Created by me' and their Organization. Being new to JSM, I create Service Requests for customers all the all the time because the customers aren't always creating new issues on their own.  If you change the reporter to an individual, it's as if they created it themselves.  

When I create one, it defaults to me as the reporter, but I just change it to the correct customer and away we go!

Manuel Rodrigues April 19, 2023

Thanks

Manuel Rodrigues April 19, 2023

Does the "organization" field have someway of triggering an issue being shown on the portal or is this only available via the reporter field ?

Asking as I'm thinking about the role of the org field if we will use it for scenarios in which tickets are submitted on behalf of a customer by one of our team members.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events