cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer notifications has json in it

UBMV Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2020

There is JSON data showing in my responses. My customer notifications looks like this when replying:

{"@context":"http://schema.org","type":"EmailMessage","description":"View request","potentialAction":{"@type":"ViewAction","target":"https://ubmv.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1","name":"View request"},"publisher":{"@type":"Organization","name":"Atlassian","url":"https://www.atlassian.com" }}
—-—-—-—
Reply above this line.

UBMV Support changed the status to In Progress.

View request · Turn off this request's notifications

UBMV

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

Hello @UBMV Support,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The issue that you are facing is related to the outgoing email format. It's possible to send notifications in HTML or plain text.

To fix this issue, there are some settings that you will need to change on the site.

Please, go to Cog icon > Products > Email requests.

On this page, make sure to check the option "Enable HTML email parsing".

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 14.41.01.png

Then, go to Cog icon > System > Default user preferences and confirm if the default outgoing email format is set to HTML as well:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 14.43.40.png

If the customer who is receiving the notification is also an internal user (for example, an internal user for Jira Software, but also a customer for Service Management), there is also a configuration that they must check on their profile, so if this is happening for a specific person, they must go to Profile picture > Personal settings > Email notification format and change it to HTML.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 14.48.40.png

Regards,
Angélica

UBMV Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2020

Thank you Angelica

I'm confirming that all the settings have been double checked as given by you and we still see the JSON code at the top of each email submitted from the service desk.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

Thank you for checking, @UBMV Support.

Further searching about issues related to notifications, I found that this is caused by an open-source spam filter called MailScanner.

A bug was created a while ago, but this issue is not caused by Jira, so there is nothing that can be changed on our side to prevent this issue from happening.

For more details, please check the link below:

This is known to be caused by an open-source email filtering plugin called MailScanner. JIRA sends ld+json markup inside a <script> tag to support Gmail button actions, as described in their documentation. Since scripts inside of email HTML should never be executed by modern email clients, this markup should generally be used to support the Gmail client and discarded by other clients. However, MailScanner can be configured to disarm script tags, which then passes them through to email clients in plain text.

This has no adverse impact, however it distorts the final rendered email notification from JIRA. We consider this a known issue; however we have been advised by the Gmail team that there is no workaround at this time.

We recommend that customers revisit their MailScanner settings.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events