Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating multiple field dependencies

Melody Baughman October 2, 2020

we are working to get other teams on to Jira Service Desk. One of the questions they asked is how extensively we can use dependent questions. I'm only aware of one level of dependency: 1 question where the first answer dictates the second.

Does anyone have info on the level of complexity Jira can handle for dependent fields?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

Hi, @Melody Baughman ! 

Yes, it is possible to create field's dependencies by using app Extension for Jira Service Desk.

Here you can read documentation to dynamic forms.

Melody Baughman October 5, 2020

Thank you so much. I'll check this out and see if it fills our need.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

@Melody Baughman Extension for Jira Service Desk can help with this, you can also use ProForma Forms for Jira (full disclosure I am the PM of ProForma). There is also a free  version of ProForma (Lite) which you can use with JSD and includes conditional logic.

If you want to explore what is possible immediately, have a look at the instant demo here (no login or email address required). Below is a short example of building conditional logic into an example Training Record form.

Regards,

Simon

Screen Recording 2020-10-04 at 06.38.49 am.gif

Melody Baughman October 5, 2020

Thanks Simon! I'll check these out and see if they meet the needs of the team I'm working with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events