Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create dynamic dropdown for countries,state and cities using custom field,and shown on create button

lucky nath November 17, 2023

i want to create dependent drop down,for country state and cities,when i select particular country 1st dropdown then 2nd dropdown option change ,and when select option from 2nd drop down,then 3rd drop down of city option will be change,means this three dropdown inter connected,iam creating custom field and attach to my particular screen,that shown on request type form,my requesttype name is 'Countries_states_cities',but they are not dynamic,for that i am using plugin 'extension of jira service management'.for testing iam creating field name 'cities', from manage field from 'customer form extension' section.it is shown on customer portal,but not shown on where all tickets list are shown when i click 'create' button.and how i make this dropdown dynamic. also in path, project setting->form ,i have form name 'Country State' where i add request type name 'Countries_states_cities' , in that form custom field of requesttype not seen,why ?, i am new in JSM.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandra Cieslak November 24, 2023

Hi @lucky nath 

I am the Product Owner of Extension app. I will be happy to help you, but let me understand your problem first :)
First of all, are you using server/DC or cloud version of the app? 

It would be the best if you could rise a ticket to our support and include some screens, it would be the fastest way to resolve your problem, like @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ suggested :) https://deviniti.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Regards,
Aleksandra

lucky nath November 25, 2023

Hi @Aleksandra Cieslak,

thanks iam using cloud version of JSM.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2023

Hi @lucky nath 

Is this the App you are utilising? - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

If you're having issues with Dynamic Forms, I'd consider...

Let us know if you find a resolution!

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_,
thanks for your replay, Iam using plugins from Atlassian marketplace to achieve my desire goal of dynamic field, see below

1. Awesome custom fields - advanced custom field types for Jira 
  2. Multilevel Select for Jira - cascading select custom field 
  3. Custom Field Suite - Powerful custom fields for Jira (FREE)

this are Interactive and easy to use plugins.

but this customer field of request type are hidden from customer portal. How i can visible to customer.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2023

Hi @lucky nath 

I'd consider contacting the relevant App vendor(s) for help here - their contact details should be on the support tab of their Marketplace listings.

Ste

thanks

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 27, 2023

Hi @lucky nath ,

I'm Paul and working in the Awesome Custom Fields team.

With our free JSM Extension you can also use our Cascading Select Field in Jira Sevice Management requests (without Dynamic Forms). They can be configured in the request form, so customers can fill them. You may also display the field value in the request.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out for a video call: https://seibert.biz/acf-jira-demo

Cheers,

paul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events