Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create dev ticket when changing status

lorain tachefini October 10, 2022

is it possible to create a development ticket when changing the status from  something like "OPEN" to "TO DEVELOPMENT" 

3 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

Hi @lorain tachefini , welcome to the community.

Yes absolutely you can use automation to achieve this. Here is a link to documentation for automation. This would be pretty straightforward to accomplish it would basically look something like this.

• trigger - issue transition from x to y
  • Condition - (optional) any conditions that you would like to use to ensure that the following action only gets executed 
  • Action - create issue
0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2022

Hi @lorain tachefini 
It’s Aleksandra from Deviniti - the vendor of the Issue Templates for Jira app 👋

If you’re open to using a plugin and would like to accommodate other cases as well, as an alternative to automation you could use our plugin to create different kinds of templates (e.g. for bug reports or feature requests) and then apply them automatically with a dedicated post function. This way, you could easily manage the content of the linked issue, and setup field values directly in a template.

For more details about the templates repository and post function, I encourage you to see our official documentation available here. Hopefully, you will find it useful!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
lorain tachefini October 11, 2022

so i did this made a working automation rule, only hick-up i am now having is that i cant seem to get the request type changed. now when i use the automation rule it makes the dev ticket but the request type stays empty. made a addition to the existing rule to change it and also tried using a new rule that checks on issue creation if the request type is empty it should change it to request for change

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events