Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy jsm project from one cloud instance to another

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2022

Hi

Can you please let me know if anyone copied service management project from one hosted instance to another hosted jira instance.

What is the process you have followed.

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

2 votes
Caio Covos August 8, 2022

Hello @AbrahamA ,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community. My name is Caio and I will be assisting you on this question. 

I believe that the best approach on this case would be to perform a cloud-to-cloud migration for Jira. You can have more details about this feature here 

Basically, using this feature, you will be able to select the projects you wish to move to another site.

In order to achieve this, some permission pre reqs are needed. Quoting it:

To migrate to a site within the same organization, you need to be a site admin for the destination site. To migrate to a site in a different organization, you need to be an organization admin for both the organization that your destination site belongs to and the source site

Also, I would suggest to perform this first in a Sandbox environment. 

Regards,
Caio

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2022

@AbrahamA hello. Agree with Caio, that the migration between the two is what you need. In case you're open to using an external help (a connector) to achieve this, i'd like to propose taking a look at ZigiOps. It's a flexible no-code platform, that can help you migrate not only projects between the Jira instances, but also other data. Feel free to check it out and if you think it would be useful to know more about it, you can always book a demo to see how it actually works.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events