configured Customer Satisfaction survey & Post function -Resolution to "Done"- email not triggrered

Sivashankar Murugesan November 21, 2022

I have configured Customer Satisfaction survey & Post function to set resolution to "Done" but still the Survey email is not sent .

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

@Sivashankar Murugesan Customer satisfaction surveys are enabled by default when an issue is resolved.  Have you changed the satisfaction settings?  Can you confirm that the issues have a resolution?

Sivashankar Murugesan November 22, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  Have checked the Satisfaction settings are enabled & the resolution is updated to "Done" via a Post Function still the mails are not triggered.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

@Sivashankar Murugesan so if you look at one of the issues that you expect an email to be sent out on what is the status?  Also can you see that it has a resolution?

Sivashankar Murugesan November 22, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  The ticket is in "Resolved" Status , Resolution Status is "Done" Issue Type - Email request  , Satisfaction Survey - Enabled ,

Is there something i need to check in the Email settings? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

@Sivashankar Murugesan A few additional things for you to check:

1. Does the issue not sending a satisfaction survey have a request type set on the issue?
  2. Are any other email notifications going out to your customers?
  3. Are the reporter and the assignee the same on the issue?
Sivashankar Murugesan November 23, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  Checked on the below parameters

1.  Does the issue not sending a satisfaction survey have a request type set on the issue? -- Request Type is set - Email Request

2. Are any other email notifications going out to your customers? -- All the notifications related to ticket status are going to the Customers.. Like Ticket status change & comment in ticket ..etc

3. Are the reporter and the assignee the same on the issue? -- NO the reporter & Assignee are different teams & most of the reporter teams are Customers & not Users in Service management tool. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

@Sivashankar Murugesan I would suggest submitting a support ticket here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ so Atlassian can take a look.  If you are on the free plan I can help escalate it to Atlassian.

Sivashankar Murugesan November 23, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  Thanks for your inputs , I will raise a Support ticket on the same..

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

@Sivashankar Murugesan were you able to resolve the issue?

MII Dewi January 15, 2023

@Brant Schroeder  I have the same problem with my satisfaction survey too. it's not being sent. I use issue type change and the request type is a "change request" then the final status is Completed not Resolved. I wonder if the status must be resolved to make the satisfaction being sent? is completed not allowed? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

@MII Dewi Are you setting a resolution when the issue is transitioned to completed.  If there is not a resolution your email will not send.

MII Dewi January 17, 2023

@Brant Schroeder yes, I set the resolution when the transition to completed.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2023

@MII Dewi so it sends on one transition and not the other.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events