Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client portal - how to make internally created tickets visible

M Ryan August 17, 2022

Our company receives incidents reports for our customers from a 3rd party and we log these incidents in Jira referencing the associated customer (like a swivel chair process). The relevant customer is then forwarded information about the incident (they currently do not have any Jira access). Currently only our service desk has visibility into the Jira tickets. 

Hopefully this is clear - the issue travels from 3rd party to us to customer (we sit in the middle and log Jira tickets).

We would like to build a client portal where our customers can view, update (certain fields)  and close their Jira tickets (each customer might have a number of agents accessing the portal). We are wondering how (if) we can make the tickets created by our service desk visible to the customers accessing the portal (and a customer must be only able to view their org's tickets). Our customers would also like to see a list of all their outstanding tickets. They would also need the ability to open a ticket via the portal (this seems to be the easy part)

We are testing using "organizations (each customer is set up as an org)" but I don't think there is a way to make the original ticket visible to the organization since organization does not seem to be a field we can add to the service request.

We were told that forms might work but I haven't figured out how.

I wrote this up previously but don't think I explained it well enough plus I was told we were using Jira server when we are actually using the Cloud.

Thanks in advance to all the helpful people on the Atlassian Boards!

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

@M Ryan -

Unfortunately, since you are referring to tickets hosted within your Jira Software project and not JSM project, then any user who needs to view or interact (i.e commenting etc) those tickets will require Jira Software license regardless if it is server or cloud env.

In the JSM portal UI, you cannot expose Jira Software project issues.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events