Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking attachments or customfield is not empty

David Alvarez Alvarez May 10, 2024

Good afternoon:

I need to do an automation, to check based on a radio button with two options, one to attach a file and the other to write in several text fields; How can I check if they have filled out one of the options?
I have created an automation, but even if I put an attachment it always tells me that I have to fill it out;

What I can do?
Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

@David Alvarez Alvarez ,

One option you can do is you can put in a validation when the status is getting transitioned. You update the validations in the workflows. Hope this helps !

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

@David Alvarez Alvarez 

Did you happen to check this option?

David Alvarez Alvarez May 16, 2024

hello, @Vijay Dadi ,

No, actually i choose another option with automation JQL Via and it is working  fine.

i will check it in a sort time with another case that i have to solve.

thank you so much!!

1 vote
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2024

Hello @David Alvarez Alvarez ,

You can achieve this without automation also using dynamic forms with the help of sections which can leverage show/hide field functionality.

show-hide-mandatory.png

hope this helps or if you still want to build this functionality using automation let me know.

Vijay

0 votes
David Alvarez Alvarez May 13, 2024

Hello @Vijay Dadi :

i have done this dinamic form, but i was not able to control the user put the information required.

what i do was an automation, with a JQL, but only in one text field;

is there any other way to check all fields? not only one...

thank you so much for your quick response...

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events