Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check the input data

Катаев Артем October 4, 2022

Good afternoon, Dear colleagues. Please tell me how to check the input data in the client portal in a certain field? For example , you need the phone format to be 11 digits : 81111234567

1 answer

1 vote
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

Hi,

If your form is done in Forms (formerly ProForma) you can add a regex to this field.

If you search the web you'll find a lot of example to create a regex that matches your phone number format. My reference is https://regexr.com/

For an 11 digit phone number it would be something like : 

^(?:\d{2}-\d{3}-\d{3}-\d{3}|\d{11})$

In Forms, you can add your regex and also the message to display if the input field doesn't match what you want :

Capture d’écran, le 2022-10-04 à 07.45.52.jpg

Hope this helps !

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

Катаев Артем October 4, 2022

How to do the same in Jira service management?

Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2022

This is in JSM. It's in the "Forms" section of your project's settings.

I searched, but it doesn't seems like you can do the same on a custom field for now. So if you want to validate the input data, the solution is to use Forms.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events