Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing mail avatar image

Jovin Risch February 5, 2021

Hello everyone

We tried to use the new Service Management Tool from Jira, which is amazing.  We customized some stuff, the only thing I cannot find is, where we can change the picture, which is visible on mac mail. Is there a configuration option, which I didn't find. For Windows users, I don't think it would work, because it's looking into the AD?

Thank you very much for your help

5 answers

0 votes
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hey Jovin, 

I think the feature you are looking for does not exist. 

It would be great to hear about how this feature is important to your organisation in a features request over here https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Cheers, 

Ben.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

Hi @Jovin Risch

while it is possible to adjust customer notifications as per this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-edit-customer-notifications

I doubt this is what you are looking for. Also you can adjust the service project details as per this guide:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-your-service-project-details/

But also this would not answer what you are seeing from e-mail, I think.

Could you please share a screenshot and mark the exactly area you want to see the change with?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes

Sorry my message, was maybe unclear. I was talking about the picture which is visible on an email notification from Jira Service Management. 

We already changed the avatar picture of the project, but it shows the jira icon.

This picture is send with the first, mail: we are working on it, or something like this. 

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Jovin Risch 

Welcome to community.

Please check this link. Since it is cloud version, you should be able to change your avatar over MAC account.

Best

that's not what I meant. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

Hi Jovin, welcome to the Community. What icon are you referring to exactly? I don't use Mac mail but in outlook for Mac I see the following which represents the individual avatar. An individual can change their avatar. Letters are default for the name.

2021-02-05_09-36-02.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events