Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find query for custom notification

adithya March 17, 2022

Hi,

i want to make a automation sent email.

Dear [requester],

The ticket you have been submitted has been resolved

Dear ${issue.reporter.name},
The ticket you have been submitted has been resolved :
Request ID : ${issue.key}
Title : (Request Type) - ${issue.summary}
Notes/Description : ${issue.description}
Request Status : ${issue.resolution}
Requested for : ${issue.reporter.name}
Company : (Custom Field)
Submit Date : (Submit Date)
Completion Date : (Ticket Complete)

You can check your request from ${request.url}

i can't show the Custom field, Submit Date, Request Type and Completion Date(When the ticket closed).

all i know this isn't smart value, found some source but can't found what i want
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-the-content-of-your-customer-notifications/

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

@adithya -

Are you using Automation for Jira, if so please take a look at the following reference link - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

There is a whole section on how to reference custom fields - Even though that you stated "this is not smart value".  I would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

Lastly, if you are not using Automation for Jira, then what tool are you using to create automation to sent email?  Please advise.

Need more information, so I can assist further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

adithya March 17, 2022

hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

im using in "Customer Notification" for JSM.

when i try to put some smart value, doesn't show anything.image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

@adithya 

Thanks for your update.  Have you took a look at Automation for Jira where you can create rules to send custom emails.  Automation for Jira uses all smart values.

In regards to customer notifications configuration, unfortunately you are limited to what you can add to the template (i.e. custom field references) based on my experiences.

Best, Joseph

adithya March 18, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin 

so.. agent turn off the notification on "customer notification" page, right ?

and use the automation for show anything (i.e Custom Field, date)

Best, Adithya Varian

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Once you configured the Automation for Jira rule and validate it is working for sending out custom email to users, then you can disable the specific event in Customer Notification section.

NOTE - Agent will not be able to turn off the notification.  It can be done by the Project Admin only.

If you want more information, I would also recommend you to contact Atlassian Support Team to see if have anything that we don't know about in dealing with adding custom fields in the Customer Notification Templates.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events