Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation rules runs only partially

Erik van Roovert December 19, 2023

It seems most automation rules from a project are not running anymore since Friday 15 December 2023 (after 2:30pm CET). Any other users experiencing the same issue?
Any suggestions to get them running again.
Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

Thanks for your reply. All rules are project based. For example the rule below. I do not see any failed executions. It just stopped after mentioned datetime. The same for simple rules for adding internal comments.2023-12-19_10h29_20.png

My personal account is no admin account but I have access to an admin account. There I do not see anything special.

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2023

HI @Erik van Roovert 

What are the config changes?

Can you provide screenshots of the rule details and condition or action details, as some setting is should cause not running the rule.

The confihg change is only disabling and enabling of the rule.

2023-12-19_14h51_17.png2023-12-19_14h52_06.png2023-12-19_14h52_32.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2023

Hi @Erik van Roovert 

I see the rule wants to get information form assets.

It looks for information in schema Hardware and only if the object is not empty it will edit the field Linked Assets

Have there been changes done on the Assets schema in rights or configuration, this will impact the rule.

But strange is that the rule doesn't seem to trigger at all.

If you create a new issue from the portal, the rule isn't triggered?

If this is true, can you check the rule executor, does this user still has permissions on the project and/or assets?

If all is still true. I advise to let your Jira admin create an issue at Atlassian Support.

Thanks Marc. I will try to recreate the rule and see what happens. 

Recreating a rule has the same result. The rule is not triggered. I will create an issue at Atlassian Support.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2023

Hi @Erik van Roovert 

Or as you are not an admin in your system, let your Jira admin check the assets related part and permissions.

Erik van Roovert December 22, 2023

To make it even more strange, now all rules (without modifications) are executed as expected again.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2023

Hi @Erik van Roovert 

Welcome to the community.

Are the rules project based rules or do they span multiple projects or even running globally?

It might be a problem with the rule itself.

Are you able to see the logs of the failing rules, if so what do they say?

As yu stated not to be an admin, I also suggest to raise this at your Jira or Site admin, of you are not able to see the details or logging of thee failing rule(s)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Not Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events