Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation condition o request participant.

Ben October 15, 2021

Hi,

i need to make an automation rule based on a request participant. 

an issue is created via email. the address is an alias. the address is populated into the request participants.

the rule is attached:

2021-10-15 14_34_07-Project automation - JIRA.png

the triggers works, but the comparison fails. 

any thoughts?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Ben 

Request participants are displayed with names and not emails. Try using their names.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

req participants.png

Ben October 15, 2021

When the issue is created, the request participant field shows the email address not a user name.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Oook. But you do understand that I've just pasted an image that my rule worked, right?

Can you paste where exactly you select the request participant, when the issue is created? Maybe this will help me identify the possible cause, which to me the rule works, but it fails in your instance.

Ben October 15, 2021

yes, it was clear that your rule worked.

the request participants are set by email. just as you create an email based request with a CC, then the CC becomes the request participant. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

After your trigger add a Re-fetch issue data component. You have to do this, because when the issue is created, the log of Request Participant returns as EMPTY.

Like Lukasz Sirega likes this
Ben October 15, 2021

yes! that worked :)

Thank you!

How did you realize that?

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

I've added a Log after the trigger to capture the value of request participants. It seems that CCs are added as request participants in a later stage, after email creation. Confusing, I know, but that's what's happening :/

Ben October 15, 2021

neat trick :) i'll keep that in mind.

thanks for looking into this and helping out!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Anytime dude!

Evan Yao January 19, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Your comment here is super helpful. Knowing that email CCs are added as request participants in a later stage after email creation, how will I be able to to create an IF condition based on request participants? Because when the automation is triggered, request participants are always empty, so the condition will never be met. I tried "re-fetch issue data" but still no luck getting the condition . 

Is there some sort of delay I can add here to make sure request participants are in place when the automation checks the IF condition?

Thanks!  

image.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2022

@Evan Yao re-fetch the data right after the trigger. Do that and let me know if that worked.

Ahmar Mahmood December 30, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I have an alias alias1@email.com to alias@email.com. 

I need to add alias1@email.com as a request participant when the issue is created via alias1 and then route it to the respective queue. 

The request participant field is always empty even added a refetch of the data right after the issue creation trigger

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2022

@Ahmar Mahmood create a new post please.

0 votes
Nicolas Bernard-Thomassin October 18, 2022

I need to apply the same automation to a "Cascade Option" field that is not yet available in the Automation.

It is only available in Legacy automation for now.

Anyone knows if it is possible to write a condition in JQL that would be the same as 

"Request particpants contains any of [insert list of request parcipants]".

I am not convinced that the following JQL will act as "contains any of" and may act as "request participants are EXACTLY either user1, user2 or user3" :

"Request participants" in (User1, User2, User3) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events