Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation changing a field

Manuel Rodrigues May 3, 2023

Hello,

I built an automation to fill in the org field but it is filling in the org field with a customer name when I'm the reporter. It should only fill in customer name when the reporter is set to be the customer.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 182643.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hello @Manuel Rodrigues 

You need to add a User Condition to check if the Reporter is in a group/role that indicates the user is a customer.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 11.23.47 AM.png

0 votes
Manuel Rodrigues May 4, 2023

just noticed it isn't necessarily the rule that is the issue, also it only supports 50 items per role so it doesn't scale.

But it filled in the org as we had a someone in the customer role that has a nextbitt email. So the rule was picking that customer and filling the org field basically using my work email which was the same to the domain on that customer account (we created internally using our own domain).

So I have eliminated that customer and will keep in mind going forward that all customer associated emails should reflect the customer email/domain correctly and this shouldn't been an issue again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events