Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically assign responsible persons jira service management cloud

Soporte Grupo CFI June 8, 2022

Good morning community,

First I would like to know if it is possible or not, the procedure I have in mind to carry out with Jira Service Management or do something similar to this:

NEEDS:
I would need that in a project that has assigned an email address, the requests or incidents of a number of customers enter (so far no problem), then I would need that the assignment of the responsible was automatic depending on whether it is a customer of the responsible or not, that is, depending on which customer sends the request, the incident will be assigned to one or another responsible.

Thank you, best regards.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Soporte Grupo CFI 

You can achieve that with Jira Automation or via workflow Post Function. In your case maybe a rule in Jira automation would do the trick. Have you tried that?

Soporte Grupo CFI June 8, 2022

I haven't tried it because I didn't know if it was feasible or not.
I see that it could be implemented through Jira Automation.
What would be the steps to follow?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

@Soporte Grupo CFI use the following template to make any necessary modifications:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/140670

Let me know if you find any difficulties with that.

Regards,
Alex

Like Soporte Grupo CFI likes this
Soporte Grupo CFI June 10, 2022

Perfect, thanks¡¡¡¡¡

0 votes
Rezgar Cadro _Totem Dev_ June 30, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- has brought up a good point. You can assign the ticket during triage but that's not "automated assignments" that you wanted. Alternatively, being part of the team behind Skills for Jira, let me suggest skill-based routing instead, similar to the one used by Salesforce, Zoho,  Freshdesk or ServiceNow: 

1. You specify agent skill requirements during triage
  2. Your agents pull the next most important task they are qualified for once available

This way your tickets get picked up faster being processed by the entire team in factory-mode, instead of getting stuck with a specific assignee. You don't have to worry about the specific agent availability, you get to monitor skill/knowledge demand and supply and close the gaps with training or hiring...

With Skills for Jira you also get to:

1. See all qualified agents directly on the ticket
  2. Search tickets by skill requirements or experts
  3. Restrict workflow transitions to experts-only
  4. Identify skill gaps, bottlenecks or scarcity
  5. Explore the organization skill map, finding agents by a combination of skills or checking which skills people have in common
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

You should be able to automate that, but you will need to think about how you are telling Jira who is responsible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events