how can assign a ticket automatic before reaching to breach 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

@salah younis -

Welcome to the community.  Take a look on using Automation for Jira to define rules for setting rules to auto-assign issues with SLA testing (based on JQL to identify issues) -

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

In Automation for Jira - there is a triggering event that you can use - "SLA threshold breached".  Here is an article using this event - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/JSM-Jira-Automation-How-to-Send-SLA-Breached-Notifications/ba-p/1894625

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hi,

The best way is with an Automation. I assume you use Jira Cloud so you could create an Automation that looks like this :

Capture d’écran, le 2022-09-27 à 15.16.24.jpg

You can explore the different options for time to breach and who to assign. You can also add a condition prior to the action if you want the rule to run on certain type of requests let's say.

Hope this help.

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

salah younis September 27, 2022

yes i did like this but status still is under review not changed to inprogress 

Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Assigning a ticket to someone will not change it's status. If you want the status to be changed, you need to add a new action in your automation rule that will transition the ticket to to the desired status

could you explain the command?

Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2022

Add this last action to your rule :

Capture d’écran, le 2022-09-27 à 15.47.52.jpg

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

thanks a lot, i will test it

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2022

Hi @salah younis 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti and I wanted to share an alternative solution that should help with your requirement.

If you need to automatically assign Jira tickets to a specific user, or a defined group of users, I believe you would find our Issue Assignment Rules app useful. It allows the administrator to set up a rule, which will automatically assign users to tickets before the SLA breaches. Such rules work based on JQL, and such an exemplary JQL function could look as follows:

"Time to first response" < elapsed("10m")

You could add it to a new rule in Issue Assignments, and once published, our app will automatically assign the appropriate team member. You can also decide about the order and assign users to requests in a queue, one by one, in order to distribute work.

In case of any additional questions about the above feature, feel free to contact our support team or reply in the thread below. I will be happy to provide further guidance :)

Cheers,
Aleksandra

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events