Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automate transfer of service management issue to related software project?

johanna.bishop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2020

Hi,

New to Jira - appreciate any guidance.

Is there a way to automate the transfer of a service project issue to a Software Project ticket?  I can see how to clone a software project ticket and copy that to another software project, but I don't see a way to do that with a Service Project.

Thanks

Johanna

3 answers

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

@johanna.bishop - did you find an answer to your situation?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

Hi Johanna,
a different approach to what Larry very well explained would be a clone of content (from the issue in Service Management project to a new one, to be created in Jira Software).

But this would require mostly the use of an App that is capable doing so.
If this is what you are looking for check Atlassian Marketplace for Apps using the term "Clone".

I am not absolutely sure about the term "automate" like you said. If you mean you want to catch a (probably) determined amount of information that should be cloned to a Jira Software project then the approach will work.
If you meant that this should be really automated (without user interaction) this will be more complex.

Probably you could also try Automation - this comes without any additional cost in Jira cloud - this also is capable of doing things without user interaction :)

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Hi @johanna.bishop  and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To just transfer an issue to a software project if it doesn't need to be simultaneously tracked in the service desk project (where the customer can see it), just use the "move" function that should be available on the "More" drop-down menu.  The person moving the issue must have "create" permission on the target project in order to do so and may be prompted if there are required fields in the target project that are not currently populated.

Hope this helps - if so, please do click the "Accept answer" button so others see this as "answered" in their searches.  Thanks and happy holidays!  

Trivia - can you guess who this is?  *<|:-{)}>

~~Larry

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events