I want to create automatic checklist

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Aykan Inal ,

So I think that you will want to use automation for this. However, I'm not sure I have enough information to lead you to a direct solution. I think what you're looking for is to trigger on an issue being created and then use conditions to check the request type and verify that you want to take the subsequent actions. The actions would be to create all of the subtasks and then it seems for one of those sub tasks you will want to assign it to a user. I am assuming that the user would either be static or based on the one who triggered the action i.e. created the issue. Finally regarding the checklist for this you will need an add-on application that allows you to define checklist templates such that when an issue was created of a certain type the checklist would be automatically added.

Aykan Inal March 16, 2022

yes i will do it from automate
but how
I would be very happy if shared as an example.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Let me give you some basic how to and have you give it a try and come back when stuck. Note there are also a lot of examples within existing posts in the Community that can help.

Project Settings > Automation > new rule

Trigger - issue created

Condition - Issue fields condition > Customer Request Type equals desired type

Actions - create sub-tasks

Aykan Inal March 18, 2022

VERY Thanks

auto task completed

auto task assigned completed

1 vote
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Hello @Aykan Inal 

If you don't mind using an add-on, Elements Copy & Sync lets you do just that. (It's free for instances up to 10 users.)

I'm the Product Manager of the app, so I'm pretty sure that you can use it to automate subtasks creation. For example, every time a request with a given request type is created, several subtasks can be automatically created in this request, with specific values initialised (the Assignee, but also the Summary, Description, etc...).

This tutorial describes how to do this, it could give you a good idea of if that's what you're looking for. I'm happy to explain more if needed.

Kind regards,

Julien

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events