Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allow certain customers to view all tickets for a particular customer/organization

Stefanie Sullivan December 20, 2021

For some organizations in our JSM, I need certain users to be able to view and comment on all tickets in that specific organization.

How can I achieve this?

2 answers

4 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

@Stefanie Sullivan, assuming the users are customers, you can add the same set of customers to different organizations. Depending on your customer permissions and global settings. If your configuration automatically shares email requests with the customer's organization, you can achieve that by adding them to the organizations you want them to collaborate with.

References:

Stefanie Sullivan December 21, 2021

Thanks so much for the quick response!

I have an organization - let's call it ABCD Corp and I only want certain ABCD Corp customers in that organization to be able to see and comment on all the tickets in that one particular ABCD Corp organization. I don't necessarily want all the customers in that org to have the ability to see all the tickets in that org.

There should be no visibility into other organizations as well. Is that kind of more granular permissions possible without giving Agent access?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Before discussing possible solutions to achieve that, let me ask you a question. Why do you have customers, those you don't want to see and comment on all tickets, within the organization? What is the use case that you need those customers within the organization?

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Hi @Stefanie Sullivan,

one way you could achieve this is by using Jira Automation. I have an automation rule like this in mind:

• When: Issue Created
  • If: Organization is X (You might want to check what's the right condition here)
  • Then: Add these users as Request Participants

Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events