all project suddenly getting hidden field error

Ken Yuan January 10, 2019

Hi Everyone,

This week, we suddenly start to get the 

"Error

This form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value configured" when raise a request.

No change were made and we even tried to create a new project from scratch just to isolate the issue and still unable to fix this. Has any experience this?

Thanks, 

3 answers

5 votes
Maciej Egermeier November 20, 2019

In my case there was a user picker field with default values. In custom field default values there was a user which is inactive. When you try to create this ticket from "backend" it will show proper error. But from the portal you will see this meaningless error.

sandipta sucharita July 1, 2020

Helped me to solve the issue. Thank you.

Like Maciej Egermeier likes this
0 votes
David Lunsford April 6, 2020

I had the same issue. One of the Global Jira Administrators added a Multi-select user picker without a default value (user) set. The field wasn't needed as I am a strong believer in leveraging Jira Project Roles for workflow approvals ... delete the field and use Jira Project Roles. 

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Hello Ken,

Maybe in one of your service desk forms you have a field that is hidden which had a default value that has been deleted.

This happened to me.

ej. Having a component hidden, with a value, and someone deleted the component that I set up.
Check the hidden fields of your request form to see if all of the default values are correct.

Regards

Ken Yuan January 13, 2019

Hi Lara,

Thank you for your reply and help, is there any good way of finding the hidden field?

I have cross checked both field configuration and request type fields and none of field were hidden apart from assignee and Summary.

Thanks,
Ken

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hi Ken,

The problem might be that there was a hidden field and you deleted the customfield. And sometimes you need to be carefull and delete fields in request before customfields. Check de audit log for deleted customfields, and see if there is something. You might have to create a customfield with the same name to link and unlink again, from the request form.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events