Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agent restricted to an organization

Robert Schindler November 10, 2021

hello 

I have an existing service desk project (> 1k issues). this project ist organized by organizations since my customer has several locations (each location is an organization in my project)

now we have a new service desk agent, which is exclusively working for one of these locations. 

is it possible to configure this agent or anything else in jira, so this agent can only see tickets for this organiozation?

many thanks for your help

Robert

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi Robert,

The only way to achieve that would be to have the organization restricted to a specific project. Agents are provided permissions at the project level not the organization level. The other possibility, though not sure I would recommend it, would be to use issue security and different issue types within your project and restrict what issue type that agent could see.  While I think this might work for you it is a bit more complicated and challenging to maintain over time.

Robert Schindler November 10, 2021

Thank you

I have only 1 project for that customer and different organizations for each location ( f.e. Cologne, Berlin, ...). I made this, because tickets from Berlin should only been seen by employee from Berlin...

So all agents have permissions to this project.

I think the best way is to generate a filter at issue overview, so the agent for Berlin can switch to "his" tickets. 

this is not the best solution, but I have to tell him to do not work on other tickets and hope he will do not... ;-)

best regards Robert

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2021

Yes the best way (?) to mange this is by using dedicated queues by region, e.g. Berlin, etc. or name them by Agent. Agents should not work on issues not assigned to them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events