cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding more fields to customer portal

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

Is there a way to add additional fields to the customer portal requests?

Currently it is very basic and I want to add things like Story Points, Sprint, Due Date and other information.

How can i do this?

6 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hello @Meytal BM 

You are referring to request forms?

Go to project settings-> Request types 

Here you'll see the agent view and request form, the request form is what customers see, you can add or remove fields as desired.

IF you are referring to "customers' requests list" this is predefined and you can't add your own field's.

Open request for it, you can vote for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4328

Also here is an app that could help

Extension for Jira Service Management

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

With Extension for Jira Service Management, you can display the following fields in Request Details View

You can display the following fields:

Additional request details

• Assignee
  • Checkboxes
  • Components
  • Date (Created, Resolved, Updated)
  • Date Picker
  • Date Time Picker
  • Environment
  • Labels
  • Multi User Picker
  • Number Field
  • Priority
  • Radio Buttons
  • Resolution
  • Select List (multiple choices)
  • Select List (single choice)
  • Text Area
  • Text Field
  • Time Tracking
  • User Picker
  • Version Picker
  • Watchers
  • Epic Link
  • Sprint

Attachments
Issues related to the request
Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics

From Deviniti documentation

https://deviniti.com/support/addon/cloud/extension/latest/request-details-view/

BR, Olga

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

Hello,

If  you are referring to the "My requests" page or the View Request pages on the portal, out of the box you are very limited. You can try the app we created - Advanced Portal Reports. It will allow your portal customers to view many fields on View Request and My Request pages on the portal, also to search easier, export to Excel, etc.

Cheers,

Boyan

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2021

Thanks @Boyan Angelov . Have you used this yourself? Looks interesting.

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2021

Hello,

We creared the app so we are using it too, as well as numerous Atlassian customers. Feel free to give it a try and if your security team has any concerns we will gladly address them.

Cheers,

Boyan

0 votes
Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2021

By the way, i also found this which looks pretty nice, especially the Chain part. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218221/feature-bundle-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Anyways want to do a POC and awaiting security approval on our end.

0 votes
Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2021

@Olga Videc yes its for our Customers in the Customer portal only.
As I wrote @Katarzyna  above, we have some security issues with this Jira extension, but would gladly work with Deviniti to get that sorted so I can use it.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

@Meytal BM -

If you are referring to fields on a given REQUEST TYPE screen, then you will need to check if those fields are in your JSM project's screen configuration scheme and field configuration scheme.  If the are, then you can add those fields to your REQUEST TYPE screen.

However, if you are talking about the Customer Request Listing in the portal (adding additional custom field columns) then you will need to look into add-on to provide you with what you want.  Currently (out of the box) is not possible.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Meytal BM 

If you're looking for an opportunity to add more columns on Requests view, try our app My requests Extension for Jira Service Management which supports all fields added as columns or criteria with full control of security.

If you're choosing something to display these values on the request details view, you can try Extension for Jira Service Management which also provides other useful features, such as Dynamic Forms or Bundled Fields (thank you @Olga Videc for mentioning us 🤝).

If you're asking about the request form, you can define additional fields in the project configuration under request types.

Please specify about which screen you're asking :) 

Cheers

Kate

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2021

Thanks @Katarzyna  and I truly want to use your Add-On as it provides me added value, BUT, our security team has found vulnerabilities with Deviniti and has tried to reach out to you about it numerous times. Our company is 1k+ employees and if you can surpass these vulnerabilities, I would sure purchase your add-on and make great use of it across our Jira instance.

Let me know if you want to take this privately. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events