Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing to portal view from e-mail notifications

Dmitriy Bokhanov October 21, 2022

Problem : When jira users are trying to reach the task by the link from Jira notifications  (when someone is mentioned in the task's comment) they can't , seems it's not enough rights, they are redirected to portal page.

If i am providing such users with servicedesk agent access it works, but I don't need that they will be able to have access like an agent. I need just a portal view of task by the link from e-mail notifications. Is it something wrong with the link , because it leads to not a portal mode view?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2022

Hi @Dmitriy Bokhanov

thats because the notification is a default Jira notification, not an JSM customer notification.
If you are able to mention someone in a comment, they probably have more rights than a customer. But it looks like, they are not added to the project as a User to view the issues.

If you want them to access the request via portal page, you should rather add them as a request participant, than mention them in a comment.

Dmitriy Bokhanov October 25, 2022

Hi, @Kai Becker . It's not the case. It is all good with user's roles and permissions. I have also asked Jira support, and they replied with the bug link. The link from notifications leads to Jira instead of portal , this is the case. However, thank you for trying =)

Like Anatoli Hadukhin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events