Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenDesk Reply Email ID Issue ?

Touqeer Anjum October 5, 2022

Hi,

We have a customer who uses ZenDesk, and the email provided to us is support@email.com (which is the email registered in Jira to which new tickets are sent when created in Jira), their ZenDesk then creates a ticket from out ticket.

The issue is that replies from ZenDesk comes from email support+TicketID@email.com and so the ticket is not updated in our JIRA.

Can I know how to make this work between us and the customer, any configurational changes I can make ?

Thank You

4 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2023

Hi,

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

I am not really aware of an easy way to work around it, but I am thinking how are the fields kept in sync between the two systems - my hunch is that they are not. I would urge you to try an integration tool like Exalate that can automate the entire Jira Zendesk integration and give you full control over it. 

Let me know if you want further information and I would be happy to assist. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2023

@Touqeer Anjum hey there. did you resolve the case? i'd like to propose another option - a 3rd party tool called ZigiOps. It's a fully no-code integration platform that connects jira and zendesk bi-directionally & syncs their data (whatever your case requires-tickets; issues; etc.). Feel free to test ZigiOps via our free trial and if you want to know more, just drop a line.

BR, Diana 

0 votes
Touqeer Anjum July 21, 2023

I'm trying to match text from comments with REGEX but does not seem to be working.

The text received in comment is "Your request (12345) is received".

I'm using {{issue.comments.match("Your request [0-9]")}} but does not seem to working.

Any ideas ?!

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2022
Touqeer Anjum October 7, 2022

Hi Patricia,

I'm afraid I tried that and it did not work, unsure why.

The partner is added as a customer and if he sends reply from the portal its received in Jira, only replies from email are not received.

Touqeer Anjum October 7, 2022

And I made a new comment in the same ticket and it opened a new ticket in their ZenDesk..

Touqeer Anjum July 20, 2023

Hi all,

Just been thinking, is there a way to capture the underlying email address when a ticket is received, or is there a way to read a number from a comment, then send an email to a specific address, using the automation tool ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events