Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Zabbix - Service Desk Integration - Array error on custom field

Hi all, first time posting, glad to be here. I have spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting an issue and I am stumped and could use some advice. I also could not find an answer to this already in this forum.

The task that I am trying to accomplish is to use Zabbix's JIRA Service Desk Media Type to auto create tickets from Zabbix alerts. This works if I am not using a custom field in the JIRA request type that is single-select from multiple values.

Example that does not work
JIRA request type: SUPPORT
Custom field (not optional): 'Environment' with a drop down to choose one of 2 choices: TESTERS or PRODUCTION

Example that does work
JIRA request type: CHANGE
Custom field: 'RESOURCE' with just one value: VM

What happens is that for the non-working example, JIRA Zabbix errors out with what is listed below. The screenshot is from the Zabbix Action log. It is a problem with the formatting of the value because JIRA sees it as part of an array.

Action Log.png

In the Media Type, for the custom field, I have tried the following formats (the IDs are correct):

TESTERS
"TESTERS"
{TESTERS}
{ TESTERS }
{"TESTERS"}
{ "TESTERS" }
{ "value": "TESTERS" }
{ "id": 10112 }
[{ "value": "TESTERS" }]
[{ "id": 10112 }]

JSD Media Type.png

I found the following excerpt in the JIRA Atlassian API documentation.

Single-select custom field: A custom field that allows you to select a single value from a defined list of values. You can address them by value or by ID.
Copy
"customfield_11449" : { "value": "option3" }
or
Copy
"customfield_11449" : { "id": 10112 }

Anyone have any ideas or run into this before? Also, I have to accomplish this without altering anything in JIRA itself.

Thank you -

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

312 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you