Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zabbix - Service Desk Integration - Array error on custom field

SysAdmin Guy June 4, 2022

Hi all, first time posting, glad to be here. I have spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting an issue and I am stumped and could use some advice. I also could not find an answer to this already in this forum.

The task that I am trying to accomplish is to use Zabbix's JIRA Service Desk Media Type to auto create tickets from Zabbix alerts. This works if I am not using a custom field in the JIRA request type that is single-select from multiple values.

Example that does not work
JIRA request type: SUPPORT
Custom field (not optional): 'Environment' with a drop down to choose one of 2 choices: TESTERS or PRODUCTION

Example that does work
JIRA request type: CHANGE
Custom field: 'RESOURCE' with just one value: VM

What happens is that for the non-working example, JIRA Zabbix errors out with what is listed below. The screenshot is from the Zabbix Action log. It is a problem with the formatting of the value because JIRA sees it as part of an array.

Action Log.png

In the Media Type, for the custom field, I have tried the following formats (the IDs are correct):

TESTERS
"TESTERS"
{TESTERS}
{ TESTERS }
{"TESTERS"}
{ "TESTERS" }
{ "value": "TESTERS" }
{ "id": 10112 }
[{ "value": "TESTERS" }]
[{ "id": 10112 }]

JSD Media Type.png

I found the following excerpt in the JIRA Atlassian API documentation.

Single-select custom field: A custom field that allows you to select a single value from a defined list of values. You can address them by value or by ID.
Copy
"customfield_11449" : { "value": "option3" }
or
Copy
"customfield_11449" : { "id": 10112 }

Anyone have any ideas or run into this before? Also, I have to accomplish this without altering anything in JIRA itself.

Thank you -

1 answer

0 votes
sr August 10, 2022

Hi @SysAdmin Guy 

I've got the same problem, did you find a solution ?

Regards

guilherme_oliveira September 6, 2022

Hi,

Anyone find a solution?

Regards.

SysAdmin Guy September 14, 2022

I was not able to get custom fields to work within the Media types in Zabbix. I think that this is because Zabbix does not support certain symbols in the fields.

As a work around, I just wrote a script to do a curl and placed it in /usr/lib/zabbix/alertscripts on the Zabbix server.

Then, I have an action in Zabbix that calls the script from Administration -> Scripts -> JSD (the script is /usr/lib/zabbix/alertscripts/JSD/jsd.sh).

Part of the format in the script looks like this (variables defined earlier in the script):

-d '{
"serviceDeskId": "1",
"requestTypeId": "2",
"requestFieldValues": {
"summary": "'"$jsd_summary"'",
"description": "'"$jsd_problem \n $jsd_start \n Host: $jsd_host \n $jsd_severity \n \n Please assign to the proper owner for remediation. \n"'",
"customfield_10901": {"value":"Support","id":"10400","disabled":false},
"customfield_10301": "noreply@server.com",
"customfield_10309": "user.id"
}
}'
Like guilherme_oliveira likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events