Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've reached your monthly rule execution limit. Upgrade your plan to increase your limit.

JayJuan Jones June 21, 2022

Hello, I logged in this morning and seen the message "You've reached your monthly rule execution limit. Upgrade your plan to increase your limit." I've never seen this before. Can someone give me some clarification as to when my monthly rule limit will renew? I really need my automation to run as usual. PLEASE HELP!

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

July 1st will be renewal. There isn't any way to get relief for June. Maybe contact Atlassian support?

you should review your automation rules to see if you can prevent going forward or consider upgrading to Premium.

JayJuan Jones June 22, 2022

had to contact support; my two newest automation rules were set to global instead of project scope... I just needed to change them to the projects they were supposed to be on

Like # people like this
0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi @JayJuan Jones ,

you can see in this documentation page the limits of rule execution for Standard plans :

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

You're getting a warning message because you went over your global rules limit : 

Customers on Free and Standard plans have access to a limited monthly trial allotment of global and multi project rule executions (100 and 500 per month, respectively).

So you'll need to change your rule from global to single-project only, or wait for the end of the month to get your month allowance, or upgrade to the Premium plan for unlimited rules :)

Let me knw if this helps, 

--Alexis

JayJuan Jones June 21, 2022

all of my rules are for single projects, none of them are global which is why I don't understand why I am getting this error. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Can you follow the info here and inspect usage - view-your-automation-usage 

I will check the automation rule limits multi project rules here. While true Single project rules are unlimited, any multi-project or global rules do you have limits in standard plan.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events