Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on an automation and cant figure out whats wrong

Culinary Change Management March 29, 2023

the trigger must be issue creation

the requirements are issue category = R&D and one of the following restaurant partners which is entered at time of issue creation. The action I'm asking it to take is to assign a specific user to this issue (sorry not shown). Yet, this has not worked. Any ideas?

Corey.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

When you get the error that the automation found multiple fields with the same name then you would need to use the custom field number instead like this:

{{issue.customfield_12345}}

You can find the custom field number if you go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields, locate the field and then click on the three-dot menu and hover over one of the options. The URL will contain the number.

Culinary Change Management March 29, 2023

Hi Mikael- thank you. I was able to find the custom field number for "restaurant partner" but it wasnt recognized as a field

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

You would have to use the advanced compare when using customfield_xxxxx. I would do it using the if/else condition like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 3.04.27 PM.png

The duplicate field of restaurant partner, is that also a drop down field? Is there a reason you need duplicate fields?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events