Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows for every project

Shehryar Khaliq June 7, 2022

Can I like add one workflow template and use every time that when I create a new project?

I don't wanna built every work flow again and again

2 answers

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hello @Shehryar Khaliq 

Welcome to the community!!

The workflow for the project can be easily changed and it need not be created again and again.

• Go to Project settings
  • Select Workflows
  • From the window, please open the drop down for 'Add Workflow'
  • Click on add existing
  • Select the already created workflow
  • Assign the issue types which will be associated to this workflow

Please see, that you will need admin rights for this and this will impact all the existing issue of the project.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any follow up questions.

--GG

Shehryar Khaliq June 7, 2022

So any changes that I make by using the already existed workflow, will that change make any changes in the workflow of the default project or not? 

e.g if I have a project A workflow that I use in a project B so any changes in B will cause the changes to be done in A project workflow?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Yes, when a workflow is shared, there is only one workflow there, so editing it affects all the projects and issue types that use it.

Like Gaurav likes this
0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Hi @Shehryar Khaliq ,

Welcome to the community. 

While creating a new project and you need to use all same Issue types, workflows, screens, fields, permissions and notifications, then please create project using shared config as mentioned below. 

1. Select Projects > Create project in the navigation
  2. Under project templates, templates are grouped into a series of use-case based categories. Under Products, templates are grouped by Jira Cloud products. Choose a category or product.
  3. Learn more about the available templates and select a template.
  4. View the detailed information on the template and choose Use template.
  5. Choose project type: Company-managed.
    Give your project a name.
  6. Tick the Share settings with an existing project checkbox.
  7. Use the Choose project dropdown to select the project from which you want your new project to share its configuration.
  8. Select Create.

Please note: Only Jira admins can create projects with a shared configuration. The shared configuration setting isn't available on Free plan.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events