Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow update not showing in change ticket

Dean Mullarkey September 18, 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to update my workflow to include a 'Pre-Deployment' but since altering the work flow the piece above 'implementing' was formerly 'start implementation' now changed to 'Start Prod Implementation' but the update doesn't show on the actual change ticket.. I have published the draft to amend the change yet still no luck.

workflow issue 1.png

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

My bet would be it didn’t get Published but you say you did. The image seems to say it needs to be. Please verify by viewing the workflow rather than editing. The other thought would be indexing but for cloud this is automatic. Where are you viewing that is showing the old status?

Jira Cloud automatically indexes over night, correct? Perhaps that might explain why it hasn't updated yet.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

i believe it updates immediately as required based upon changes. I see you accepted my answer. Does that mean your issue is resolved? If so can you update w/ the reason? Maybe it just started working? :-)

It made perfect sense, gonna wait till the index refresh and follow up and see if it works :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

but there should not be any waiting required is my point. I recommend you view an issue in the "old issue view" and click on the workflow to ensure your workflow changes were published as expected. if so you should certainly be able to see the status. if not go back and edit/publish. make sure you don't get an error like 'can't edit active workflow'.

I am using the old view, still seeing same issue.. hmm

The old delete it and create again trick worked, perhaps a caching issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events