Workflow Transition Buttons Do Not Appear for All Tickets

James_Mclellan July 31, 2017

On some tickets of the same type and customer request type, the workflow transition buttons (in this case "close") do not appear.

On other tickets with the same type, customer request type, and current state, the workflow transition buttons appear.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

This is a known problem with JIRA (although it's not actually JIRA's fault).  In some cases, the issue data becomes mismatched with the workflow data.  JIRA can't work out what transitions to show, so it does what you describe.

Changing the workflow fixes it because it goes back over all the affected issues.  The other fix is to run the integrity checker.

Of course, I'd like to see automatic correction - a simple re-check like the one in the integrity check if an issue appears to have 0 transitions might be a handy one.

The cause of the problem is one of two so far (there may be others, but I've not run into them).  First, if you pull the rug out from under JIRA while it's trying to update a record - a disk failure, hard kill of the service, database/network errors.  Second, dodgy add-ons (most notably in my experience, people using SQL or trying to "set" a status instead of transitioning.  Or, just my really bad code in scripts)

Pamela Randle September 5, 2017

Hi, I am having a similar problem with no Resolve  button. My manager assigned a story to me. I started the project and selected In Progress, but when I went to Resolve, the button was gone. There are two sub-tasks to the story that are completed and Resolved but I can't resolve the story. I am not an admin. Thanks for any help you can provide, I am stuck and cannot move on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

You will need one of your admins to fix this.   They should

• Check the workflow for conditions that may be blocking the transitions you want to use
  • If you meet the conditions they find, then run the integrity checker and correct inconsistent workflow states.
Young.Zhao May 29, 2018

Hi Nic,

What is the "Integrity Checker"? I have the problem too.

Could you clarify?

Thanks.

BR.

Young.Zhao May 29, 2018

Hi,

I found it in system page, thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
James_Mclellan July 31, 2017

Re-publishing the workflow corrected the problem for all issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events