Workflow Property Approval

Roland Uittenbogaard February 1, 2023

Hi,

I am new to a Service Desk project. It has 3 active workflows (for different issue types) with both Transition rules and Property rules. The Transition rules are understandable but the Property rules (with Key and Value) are more difficult. In only 1 active workflow there are 3 statuses with Properties with Key and Value. See below.

Properties of Status (Picked up by first line) Work in Progress.png

Properties of Status Approval Required.png

Properties of Status Testing by customer.png

Questions:

1. There is no manual and no full list of Workflow Properties, if I read other posts on this subject, right?

2. If I search on Jira Help and Community I find some information about Workflow Properties and almost nothing (usefull) about the Workflow Property Approval. Is there anyone who knows where I can find more information about the Workflow Property Approval?

3. Even if I understand the Workflow Property Approval a little. How do I know that I have to use these 7 Property Keys, because I would definitely forget the last Property Key (which has no Property Value, where is it for?)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

@Roland Uittenbogaard Those properties were most likely generated by the application as the workflow was created by default.  You can create your own properties or those properties will be created if you copy the workflow.  More information about properties can be found here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/  

Roland Uittenbogaard May 24, 2023

Hi Brant,

Yes, I thought someone before me had implemented those properties but I think that if you add some functions in the workflow those values are automatically generated. Thank you for the link.

Regards, Roland

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events