Widget creating a Ticket from Edge and Chrome

Edward Calabrese January 18, 2023

Using the JIRA widget,  it will send emails to create a project ticket from chrome but not from edge,  any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 20, 2023

Hello, everyone! 

I advise you to use the Jira assistant in the Microsoft Edge browser. I think it will be helpful for you and it will solve the problems you have. My team created the extension, and we tried to make it as useful as possible for our users.

2023-06-20_12-07-50.png

0 votes
Benjamin Dains January 18, 2023

I don't exactly have an answer to this, but I did come to say I always have problems with Microsoft products when it comes to Jira. So much in fact that we (the entire org) recommend people to NOT use Edge at all for Jira, and instead use Chrome.

Why? I can remember a few (and likely more than just a few in total) times when I was working with a user to trouble shoot their problems and after spending a lot of time on it my team member said, "have you asked them to try using Chrome?". Sure enough, a couple minutes later, once they switched to Chrome, everything was working just fine and we had 0 problems after that.

My recommendation as an Admin dealing with these things in the past, if you have the power, tell your users you do not support Edge.

Edward Calabrese January 18, 2023

Thanks for the reply.

Like Benjamin Dains likes this
Benjamin Dains January 18, 2023

Anytime!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin