Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my left navigation menu redirects me alwyas to "Issue" page?

Amruta Pelapkar February 21, 2021

Hello,

I am facing problem with the left navigation menu items in service management. Whenever I click on any option from "Project Settings", it redirects me to "Issue" page for some option. How to check whether I have rights of "Agent" and "Administrator"?

I can see on "Project Details" page "Project Role" as "Project Lead" assigned to me.

What all permissions "Project Lead" has?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

@Amruta Pelapkar -

For JSM(JSD) project, you need to be added to the "Administrators" role.  A project lead should always be included as the Administrators role members of the project.  In addition, a project lead should also be given with the Agent license.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Amruta Pelapkar February 22, 2021

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin  for this clarification. I am wondering, if I have admin access why I am not able to navigate to desired pages from left menu pane. I am not able to understand whether this is problem from my side or from JIra's side.

Because whenever I am trying to get into SLA it redirects me to Issue page.CPSE_SLA_Navigation_Problem.png

And most for the left pane menu options, ask me to contact Administrator or page loading error (please refer below screenshot)CPSE_CantViewPage.pngCPSE_PageLoadingError.png

Any idea whether it's permission issue from my side or from Jira cloud side?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

@Amruta Pelapkar -

From the screenshot, it looks like you don't have JSM Agent license.

Best, Joseph

Like Amruta Pelapkar likes this
Amruta Pelapkar February 24, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , you have correctly caught that! I and my team didn't aware that my access got revoked. I checked with the IT team who manages the licensees and accesses, and found out that my access got revoked. Now they have restored it and it's now up and running.

I would like to know how you come to know that I don't have Agent license? because when I see "People" in project settings, as far as I know I am in "administrator" group.

Thanks for the help.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

@Amruta Pelapkar -

From one of your images attached in your previous replies - "Snap! You cannot view this page", it has the fine print that you need to have agent license.  NOTE - Just because you are in the "administrator" role for the project, it has nothing to do with agent license.  

Anyone can be added as the member of that project role, the system will not prevent this action because it doesn't check to agent license.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Amruta Pelapkar likes this
Amruta Pelapkar February 24, 2021

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin for this information. I have now got the clarity on Administrator role and Agent license. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events