Why is there strange formatting in e-mail notification?

Lukas Schneider April 30, 2021

Hello!

The formatting of some data isn't quite right as you can see in the screenshot below. This only shows in the e-mail notification, not when opening the issue in the web browser.

jiraSM.PNG

I don't even know where I can start to search for the reason for this problem. Hopefully some of you already stumbled upon this problem and can help me solving it.

Best regards,

Lukas Schneider

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

I think you have an app that provides a custom field type, one that stores its data in the format you are seeing in your email, but when you see it on-screen comes out very differently (from the data, I'd guess it's a list of users in some form of grouping, or possibly some keys to things in a table format).  The problem here is that while the field is coded to let you view and edit in a way that makes sense, it does not have code to do that formatting when something like the email system says "hey, what is your content?" to it, and it just hands over the raw data.

Anyway, to check this, or rule it out, go to your list of custom fields in Admin, and find the one called "Meldende Person".  Look at the field type below the name - what does that say it is?

Thanks for your quick reply!

The field type of "Meldende Person" is "Deviniti [Extension] - Bundled Field". 

I guess I should I contact the developer for further support, right? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Yes, I think so.

Looks a little odd to me though, Deviniti don't usually miss this sort of thing in their apps.  I would also check that you're on the latest version of Bundled Field for your server.  (Plus, it might not be an oversight in their code, it could be a limitation of what an app can do in server, I've not written a custom field for a while)

I already found how to "Displaying bundled fields in email notifications" on Deviniti's support site.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Oh, excellent!  I didn't think Deviniti would have forgotten it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events